Licensing

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Tue Jan 6 22:02:22 EST 2015

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 5:58 PM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
wrote:

> If a plugin is created with the Community Edition, it must use the same
> license the Community Edition uses, GPL v3.

OK, well if that's true, it puts a stop to my plan.  I don't mind opening
up the source code but I'm not prepared to allow it to be given to anyone a
user chooses free of charge.  I understand that practically I can't stop
that happening but I want to at least expressly forbid it in the license
agreement.

Hopefully Kevin will chime in to clarify this, specifically in terms of a
plugin like lcStackbrowser that plays no part in the execution of a stack
or a standalone built from a stack.

In the past I've played around with the idea of making lcStackBrowser a
standalone with a small plugin that enables it to communicate back and
forth to the IDE over a socket, with that plugin being open source.  But
that's an awful lot of work.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>