group id exists but yet not . . .

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jan 5 14:25:00 EST 2015

On 1/4/2015 7:20 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> What's confusing me here is not whether or not it*should*  work (which is
> its own set of issues), but that there is a difference between these two.
> They were:
>
> put exists(group id 1004 of group id 1111 of card id 1016 of stack "nv") &&
>     exists(group id 1004  of stack "nv")
>
> both refer to a group on the same card, but one works, and not the other.

Again, an ID is a specific reference which doesn't need to be nested
inside another one. It's never occured to me to use IDs with an "object
of object" syntax so I never ran into the problem, but apparently the
parser doesn't like it.

All you need is: exists(bg id xxx). IDs can't refer to more than one
object and (apparently) references to them won't nest.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com