Standalone on Raspberry Pi

Peter W A Wood peterwawood at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 04:08:00 EST 2015

Hi Fraser

On Monday, 5 January 2015, Fraser Gordon <fraser.gordon at livecode.com> wrote:

> On 03/01/2015 23:46, Peter W A Wood wrote:
> > Hi Kenji
> >
> > As I understand the Linux option in the Standalone Settings creates a
> standalone for an Intel-based computer. At the moment, there isn’t an
> option to create a standalone for an ARM-based computer.
>
> What version and edition are you using? "Linux ARMv6" should appear as
> an option on the Linux pane of the 7.0 Community editions (alongside x86
> and x86-64).

I currently only have LiveCode 7.0.1 Commercial and LiveCode Server 7.0.1
Community edition installed on my machine. Having a current license it
previously seemed a little pointless to install both the Commercial and
Community Editions.

The RaspberryPi IDE supports building standalones for OSX, Windows and
> all editions of Linux (i.e everything but the mobile platforms).
>
> One thing to note is that there is no Linux equivalent of OSX "fat
> binaries" - the executables produced are processor-specific and you need
> to distribute separate files for each processor architecture you support.

Thanks for the extra information.

Regards

Peter