group id exists but yet not . . .

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jan 4 19:14:26 EST 2015

On 1/4/2015 5:38 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> The background token will give what you want no matter what, but if the
>> >group is not placed on the current card, "group xxx" will not.
>> >
> I've always been able to access them before.

It's been that way since I can remember. If the group is placed on the
current card, you can refer to it as "group", otherwise you need to use
"background". This applies even to closed stacks, so maybe when it
worked for you before, the current card of the stack happened to have
the group on it.

This is an invalid reference:

put exists(background id 1004 of background id 1111 of card id 1016 of
stack "nv")

Since every group has a unique ID, you don't need to specify the
enclosing group, only the specific background:

put exists(bg id 1004)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com