Whiteboard animations

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 04:02:09 EST 2015

On 04/01/15 02:32, tbodine wrote:
> Hi Bill.
>
> There's no native import support for SVG right now. I know the graphics
> engine was overhauled using the Skia library, which should add a lot of
> capabilities like SVG, but I don't see any access to SVG import from the
> IDE.
>
> The LC roadmap only says: "Vector Shape Object -- Use widget framework to
> write this control"

Aah . . . the roadmap . . . :)

The roadmap has been out of sight (out of mind?) recently . . .

I could make several more b*tchy remarks in that direction.

> So if SVG is part of the Vector Shape capability, then we're waiting for
> widgets (LC 8).
>
> Here's some discussion of this on Stack Overflow:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16521267/livecode-how-to-use-svg-images-on-cards
>
> Tom Bodine

Calling Richard Gaskin . . .

It would be "rather nice" if RunRev could issue a  list of all the
things they have
achieved on the Kickstarter roadmap, so that we who contributed could feel
"all warm and cuddly" that we invested in something that is coming to
fruition
and that RunRev are putting their money where their mouth is.

Richmond.