script scope variables inexplicably becoming unset

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 14:38:28 EST 2015

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 6:23 PM, Dr. Hawkins <dochawk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hopefully these let me lick this early tomorrow morning . . .

And I found it.  It's the debugger, and its long-known deficiencies.

Two things were happening:

1) when opening the palette stack, a closeField was sent to the field whose
handler was opening it.
2) The debugger ignored the closefField while single-stepping.  It didn't
even not step into it; it didn't call it at all.

So score one more for livecode behaving differently in and out of the
debugger.

Thanks to everyone.  That part is running again . . .
--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462