Project Browser vs App Browser (was "script scope variables inexplicably becoming unset")

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jan 2 22:00:45 EST 2015

Dr. Hawkins wrote:

> I try the project browser every few months, find no
> reason to switch over, and go back.  It takes more
> clicks to do the same things as the application
> browser . . .

I almost never use the App Browser, but given the overlap between it and
the Project Browser and how much time they're putting in on the latter,
I suspect (though I've heard nothing official) that the Project Browser
is designed as a replacement for the older App Browser, and the App
Browser may be deprecated at some point.

Can you recall offhand what sorts of tasks take you more steps in the
Project Browser?

Maybe we can get them to streamline such operations so we can have one
great tool without needing to split resources with maintaining the older
one.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems