LiveCode 7.0.3: a new meme

Paul Hibbert paul at livecode.org
Fri Feb 27 22:35:53 EST 2015

Richard,

After reading your reply I saw the problem must be caused by on my iMac, so I dug a little deeper and stumbled across the cause:

For comparison, I installed LC7.0.3 on another Mac (running on OS X 10.7.5) and found it worked fine, so I went back to my iMac and removed all plugins from the plugins folder, that made no difference, so just on a hunch I decided to move all of my projects out of the 'My LiveCode' folder and put them into a 'LiveCode Projects' folder, that made a huge difference! so now the contents of the 'My LiveCode' folder is just the Plugins folder and a Preferences folder.

I've no idea why this should affect LC7 and not previous versions, but now it's running as snappy as ever so I can continue testing LC7.x.x without the frustrating waits.

Happy LiveCoding!

Paul