Call for testers: v7 migration tool

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Feb 27 19:26:00 EST 2015

One of the things that had held me back from spending more time with v7
was the need to manually choose File-Save As to save a stack in older
formats.  I often need this for tools and other files I use across
multiple versions.

I recently discovered that the LiveCode IDE uses a custom property named
cREVGeneral["stackFileFormat"] to change the stackFileFormat when saving
using its File-Save.

Oh so convenient.

So to make it even more convenient I took a moment to make a tool that
lets me set that property easily for any mainstack I have open:
<http://www.fourthworld.net/lc/4wSetStackFileVersion.livecode.gz>

Download, unzip, and put in your Plugins folder.

Let me know if you find any issues with it.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  LiveCode Community Manager
  richard at livecode.org