matchText question

Dick Kriesel dick.kriesel at mail.com
Fri Feb 27 14:45:03 EST 2015

On Feb 27, 2015, at 8:03 AM, Peter M. Brigham <pmbrig at gmail.com> wrote:

> The output I get from revAvailableHandlers looks like this:
>
> M mouseleave 14 17 button id 1026 of group id 1021 of card id 1082 of stack "NCMHC notes" of stack "/Users/pmbrig/Documents/LiveCode/ NCMHC notes/  NCMHC notes.rev"
> M mousemove 1 12
> M mouseup 19 131
> F countVisits 133 165
>
> It looks as if the first line is the first handler && the long id of the target, followed by the other handlers, M for command and F for function, with the starting and ending line numbers. Very useful, but an odd format. This is on LC 5.5.1. Can others confirm that the output is similar with later versions of LC? I want to be sure that I can delete word 4 to -1 of line 1 and reliably get just a list of handlers.

Hi, Peter.

For similar results, but without the "odd format" and with added flexibility to control the scope of effect, you can use function handlerList( tObject, tIncludeBehaviorHandlers, tIncludePrivateHandlers ). So if you want to include behavior handlers and private handlers of tObject, the expression is handlerList( tObject, "true", "true" ).

-- Dick