App on different systems

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 13:22:35 EST 2015

On 27/02/15 13:55, Graham Samuel wrote:
> Maybe for completeness I should have said that you will have to pay for a legitimate copy of Windows 8 or 7 or whatever - you can get OEM versions but you still have to register with Microsoft to get them to work. Then you can honestly say that your app works on whatever flavour of Windows you purchased. So, you’ll have ended up paying for a modern version of Parallels and for Windows. It is not beyond imagination that you could acquire a Windows laptop for say twice as much… not what I’d do, but YMMV.
>
> Graham

I own a legal version of Windows 7 and one of Mac OS 10.8, and I run
them both in VMware with no obvious
problems.

As VMware player is FREE and reliable, once one has paid for the
operating systems one's bank account
can have a break.

I find that I tend to build standalones for each platform ON that
platform . . . havinbg got myself in "the soup" on
or two times running off standalones on Linux for Win and Mac.

Oddly enough I have never had problems with standalones for Win XP run
off on Linux; but have fallen in the soup
a couple of times with Win 7.

In fact, that is probably the only times I use either Windows or Mac OS
10.8 . . .

My Devawriter and so on are developed on Mac OS 10.5 on a G5 iMac, and
everything else
on Linux.

Richmond.