App on different systems

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Fri Feb 27 03:51:54 EST 2015

Hi John,

First of all, Mac OS X Server theoretically runs in Parallels or
VirtualBox, but it doesn't run nicely. It is unstable and many solutions
and tutorials you'll find on the internet lack important information,
which makes it very difficult to get it working.

OSX for regular desktop machines doesn't work on simulators, unless you
apply some kind of a hack. This is something I never got to work. I also
think it is illegal.

I don't think anyone will try to buy an app on the app store using Mac
OS X running in an emulator.

Most hackintoshes are very picky about the software they can run and OSX
crashes more often than on real Apples. Also, you may be unable to
update your system, because after updating it, OSX may not run anymore.

A hackintosh still costs money. I imagine that the cheapest hackintosh
could be just a little cheaper than the cheapest Mac Mini. You'd
probably have more value for your money if you bought that Mac Mini.
Proboably, that's one reason why Hackintoshes are extremely rare,
besides that it is illegal to sell them in the store.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com