LiveCode 7.0.3: a new meme

Michael Doub mikedoub at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 17:41:41 EST 2015

I must say that I agree with Eric on this one.   I never use Unicode and
the size and performance penalties do not seem like a reasonable
tradeoff.   I do understand your point about having to maintain multiple
versions.  I would suggest that solving selectively removing the unicode
dictionary is the highest priority (if that is in fact the cause of the
bloat.).   If the size is perceived to be too big for use, then the
issues of bugs and performance are indeed secondary.

I am a huge fan of livecode and I am anxiously awaiting widgets but I
fear that is also going to have a significant impact on the size.

-= Mike