iOS splash screen

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Wed Feb 25 17:48:31 EST 2015

I am just finishing up an iOS app. Having a bit of an issue with the splash screen/startup process.

Many of the iOS apps on my phone start up by immediately showing a splash screen and then transitioning to the first main screen. From the moment I start up the icon, there is no black screen or white screen. There is only a splash screen and then the main screen. This looks clean.

With my LC app, I set the first card of my stack to be the splash screen, which then transitions to the first main screen. If I then avoid setting a splash screen in the application settings area, when the app first starts, I see a black screen for about a second or two, then the first card of the stack, followed shortly thereafter by the main screen. I can't seem to eliminate that initial black screen. This is not as clean a start up process as I see with other iOS apps.

If I do set a splash screen in the application settings area, the app starts up by immediately showing that screen, but then transitions briefly to a black screen, followed by the first card of my stack and then the main screen. Again, I can't seem to eliminate that black screen.

Is there a way to eliminate it?

Thanks,
Richard Miller