[OT] Wireless internet in my flat.

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 14:47:31 EST 2015

You could do a roundabout.  Install virtualbox and a linux virtual machine,
and see if the linux machine can use connect to the wifi.  Sneaker net and
a stick to do it.  Assuming you can get it to recognize the apple wifi
device, and connect successfully, you'll know that the hardware itself
isn't flaky. Plus, though I've never done it, you can probably get the air
to use the virtual machine as its gateway.  (because everyone wants to be
forced to run 2 OS's just to get internet)  Or

If you can find  a mac compatible wifi stick (they have short profile wifi
sticks that you can leave in without fear of breaking them off)  perhaps
that would work.  Not always easy to get one working on a mac.