[ANN] New version of MasterLibrary

Michael Doub mikedoub at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 11:21:54 EST 2015

A new version of the MasterLibrary is available at the link below. Since
the library has grown so much, it was feeling a bit sluggish, so I did
some refactoring that greatly reduced the amount of parsing of the
library and went to an index based approach.   I have no idea why I did
not take this approach in the first place, as it is both faster and
significantly less code.

I submitted the old version with a performance related bug submission,
in hopes that it might help the development team identify performance
issues in the 7.x series.  The same code on the 6.x and 7.x runs very
differently.    With the new version, you only experience a delay at
startup and when the index is rebuilt. Unfortunately it is still slower
on 7.0.

Enjoy...
    Mike

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3wpwn3hfbmpl7sk/MasterLibrary.livecode?dl=0