Because LC can't do two things at once.

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Feb 23 12:08:13 EST 2015

Okay I think I have found a way to get the battery status. I checked it on my VM of Windows 7. Your results may vary.

Try shell("WMIC Path Win32_Battery Get Availability”)

Line 3 will contain 2 if the battery is charging, 3 if running on battery, and I am going to say 1 if the battery is fully charged. I’ll have to check that later as my battery is currently charging at the moment.

Now for the teaching moment: WMIC can give you just about any information you want about the hardware you are running on. Spiceworks Inventory and Helpdesk system makes extensive use of WMIC when querying Windows devices.

HTH
Bob S