The owner of a selected control - a mystery

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Sun Feb 22 05:41:04 EST 2015

Not quite sure I understand this (I did once, but i’ve got rusty - oil can!). I assumed that the following code would exactly fill a page:

   set the printCardBorders to true
   set the printPaperSize to (the width of this card) & "," & (the height of this card)
   set the printMargins to "0,0,0,0"
   print this card

But maybe you're saying that there is some hidden factor here. One thing I can think of in a physical bit of paper (which a PDF isn't, really) is that only certain printers can print to the very edge, so there might be a kind of hidden margin (is this "the available print area"?). I am not sure if the printPaperRect comes into this: as far as I can see, it shouldn't, since the printMargins are measured from the edge of the page according to the LC Dictionary. The printing might be cropped if edge-to-edge isn't available, but that should not increase the number of pages printed, should it?

I will experiment some more.

Graham