undeclared variables getting through in Strict Compilation mode

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 12:15:14 EST 2015

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 10:16 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
wrote:

> On 2/16/2015 7:54 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
>
>> Livecode just plain didn't catch that a variable was undeclared . . . had
>> it been declared as local, it would have been an error.
>>

> Hm. Are you saying you *did* declare the global somewhere? If it wasn't at
> the top of the script, then wherever you declared it, it was only
> accessible in that handler.

It was declared in various other handlers for other objects/cards/stacks,
but not in this handler, and not outside of the handler.

When I added the global declaration in the handler, things started working
correctly (itused the global, instead of creating an undeclared local)

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462