Bill Gates, LiveCode and Education

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Feb 16 10:51:48 EST 2015

Well… technically, if all children have this opportunity, it’s not really a head start. In fact, any child who doesn’t embrace the technology will be at a disadvantage. I know. My sister Edith called me a couple days ago after I installed a Typing Instruction program on the iMac she is using at my Dad’s house (because she lost her job and has no job skills. Long story.)

Her question to me was, “Bobby, where is the space key? I can’t find the space key anywhere.” I got similar calls for the comma as she was confusing it with the apostrophe. See, she believed she could avoid technology for her whole life without consequence. Now at 58 years old, it is going to be a long, long way back for her.

Bob S