Code signing Windows apps on a Mac Dilemena

tbodine bodine at bodinetraininggames.com
Sun Feb 15 12:05:27 EST 2015

Hi Charles.

Did you do the step of exporting your certificate out of Safari? (See
http://certhelp.ksoftware.net/support/solutions/articles/17159-how-do-i-export-my-code-signing-certificate-from-safari-)

I believe you'll need to copy the exported file to the Windows side of your
Mac. I don't think Windows can access your Mac's keychain.

I can tell you how the process works on an actual Windows machine. You
export the certificate from the browser you used in the purchase process. My
exported file had a .p12 extension. I changed that to a .pfx extension. I
put that file in my choice of directories on the Windows PC. Then, I opened
kSign.exe from K Software on the PC, filled in the path to the PFX file, and
was ready to codesign on Windows.

HTH,
Tom Bodine