Reverse a list

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Feb 13 17:46:15 EST 2015

He may also have been using a memory resident database. That is what I suggested at the first. To do this, use “memory” as the file name.

Bob S

On Feb 13, 2015, at 12:40 , Mike Kerner <MikeKerner at roadrunner.com<mailto:MikeKerner at roadrunner.com>> wrote:

I must have missed a thread, somewhere.  That would be the thread on how LC
handles loops.

To recap, doing this sort using an sqlite database (insert the values into
a table, then sort the table), was taking me almost 40 seconds.  Then Pete
chimed in and had it working in a couple hundred milliseconds.

The difference?  Pete was using a loop of the form
repeat for each line tLine in theData

and I was doing a
repeat with i = 1 to the number of lines in tData

So, is there some more in-depth discussion of loop forms in LC, somewhere?
I learned something new, today, because 300x faster is a little bit
important.