Stream Video in LC Player

Jim Lambert jiml at netrin.com
Fri Feb 13 12:48:20 EST 2015

> Brahmanathaswami wrote:
>
> Video/YouTube
>
> From all that I have read, it appears that the only option for YouTube
> is to use a browser instance with their embed code. ergo, user must be
> online.  Today, reading YouTube terms of service, it explicitly states
> that only sanctioned players are allowed and these   html5
> objects/iFrame embed/some "aas" embed thing...which would rule out
> direct streaming into a LC video player.
>
> Am I wrong?  I read through earlier posts and forum posts on this... I
> don't think anything has changed.

Check out forum post “RE: Stream Movie From Youtube"
http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22458&p=115617&hilit=youtube#p115577 <http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22458&p=115617&hilit=youtube#p115577>

This will show you how to find the correct file URL for a youtube video. You can then play that directly in a LC player object, or play in mobile video control, or download the movie.

> Video Direct Streaming: Sadly: setting the URL of a player to, e.g.
> "http://www.himalayanacademy.com/media/video/the-history-of-hindu-india_part-1_ta/the-history-of-hindu-india_part-1_ta_720p.mp4 <http://www.himalayanacademy.com/media/video/the-history-of-hindu-india_part-1_ta/the-history-of-hindu-india_part-1_ta_720p.mp4>"
>
> does not work on the desktop

Works for me in LC 6.7.2 (RC).

Jim Lambert