More Unicode STuff

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 21:52:30 EST 2015

Have you looked at your data using another db management tool?

My own limited experience of dealing with UTF8 with LC 7 and sqlite is that
if I don't textEncode(data,"utf8") into SQLite and textDecode(data,"utf8")
out of the db, then although all the data goes and comes back OK, if I look
at the db with another program the data isn't the same - most likely any
characters that are suppose to have an umlat or similar are instead
displayed with a blank space next to them. Conversley if I take some other
db that already contains UTF8 data with the characters appearing correctly
in another program and just read them straight into LC, then I get
scrambled characters.

So if I want the charcters to appear correctly in everything, I need to
textEncode() and textDecode().

This is purely for UTF8. Not sure how Mac Roman effects the issue.