"accept" and socket read/write

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 17:25:33 EST 2015

Am I reading the dictionary correctly?

If I am, the accept command on the server end would use the same "read from
socket" and "write from socket" commands as the client size uses?

So when I client first connects to set up a connection, the callback
message on the serer would be used for authentication, after which the
success/failure of authentication would be sent with the "write to"
command, and future callbacks would have stored that the authentication had
occurred and therefore proceed to do a "whatever" with more read/write
messages?

And all of these seem to be SSL?  Or do I have to supply my own encryption?

And then for the down the road issues, assuming that I'd be running on
multi-core servers, could the initial connection actually distribute to a
process one of the *n* cores--perhaps by telling the client it's assigned
IP/port, at which point it would authenticate again?

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462