The Future of Animation in LiveCode

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Feb 10 16:57:30 EST 2015

I think LC would have to become a much more popular development environment first. Animation projects are typically pretty advanced, and to make that kind of investment in time and development effort, well how to say this… you will want assurances that the dev environment will be viable 5 even 10 years from now. Also, it would take a new slew of RunRev dev to produce it and maintain it.

Hope that didn’t ruffle any feathers, but that is the cold hard truth about any dev application. It’s why there are very few businesses (if any) who have hired full time (or even contracted) LC developers, even though any company might be well advised to take that chance, since developing and updating customized applications tailored to their own workflows is so much easier.

Until we can get over that critical mass hump, I do not think you will see that kind of innovation.

My 2¢
Bob S