[not quite OT] Serving a standalone

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Tue Feb 10 01:30:36 EST 2015

Kay:
Thanks for the ideas! The plan you suggest sounds quite good and it looks like I can probably accommodate both desktop and iOS. I’m a retired prof who did a LOT of coding for my classes, and now I have no ambition to develop a real business, not that I would turn down income that wouldn’t require me to actually go back to work. My plan is to re-do (in livecode) a lot of my apps that I wrote in Director, and are now un-supportable because of the death of that platform. So this is a project that I will give away for free, mostly because I hate marketing and the business aspect. I’m planning on building on the starting app, a video of which you can see at:
http://earthednet.org/ptExplorer/Cover.html <http://earthednet.org/ptExplorer/Cover.html>
 This is an intro screen that I access in a rev browser window, and it’s just for the basic beta version of my app that’s being tested at UCSB.

So in between playing and practicing jazz keyboard, riding my bike, and enjoying my wife’s company, I work on these coding projects, which give me great satisfaction.

Thanks again for the ideas,
Bill

William A. Prothero
http://es.earthednet.org/