Photo Zoomer

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Feb 9 16:32:21 EST 2015

This was a fun little challenge.  Try this stack via your message box
(3.8MB download):
go url "http://www.tactilemedia.com/download/map_zoom.livecode"

Click the map to zoom, click again to zoom out.

Until we get built-in easing effects in the engine (needed desperately),
I¹m a big proponent of Malte¹s Animation Engine.  The command I used is
aeChangeRect, and depending on how large your map is, you may need to
toggle the resizeQuality of the image to get best performance, which is
done here.

It¹s unlikely you¹ll get as smooth performance as you can within a
browser, as is done with Google Maps, so you might investigate using a
³real² map if you can, via the browser object, or use something like
jQuery to manipulate the map image within the browser.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director