Use MenuPick properly

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sat Feb 7 10:47:34 EST 2015

Hi Pascal,
After selecting the data from your db, do this

command createKeys pdata,pid
   --pdata is tab delimited data from revdatafromquery
   --   item 1 is the key, item 2 is the display data
   --pid is the long id of the menu button

   local tKeys,tText

   set the itemdelimiter to tab
   repeat for each line rLine in pdata
      put item 1 of rLine &return after tKeys
      put item 2 of rLine & return after tText
   end repeat
   set the text of pid to tText
   set the cKeys of pid to tKeys

end createKeys

on menuPick pitemname
   --use the menuHistory to access the cKeys cprop

   put pitemname into field xyx
   put line the menuHistory of me of the cKeys of me into field abc

end menuPick

Pete
lcSQL Software