encrypt storage

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Feb 5 12:00:44 EST 2015

Bob Sneidar wrote:

 > The issue is whether or not the aes128 hash can pass unmolested
 > over the internet. I suppose I could just binary encode/decode
 > it for good measure.

Most hashes return binary values directly, but it's common to convert
them to hex for general storage and transport, e.g.:

    get binaryDecode("h*", sha1digest(tSomeString), tHex)
    put tHex

Do you have a LiveCode script that does aes128, or are you calling shell?

PS: Annoyance report:  If I run that script above as a single line in
the Message Box, a la:

   get binaryDecode("h*", sha1digest(tSomeString), tHex); put tHex

...the Message Box shows "true", but when I run it in a button it shows
the expected hex string.

Have any of you seen things like that?  Got a bug report number I can
tickle?

Looks like I'll get back to work on my Message Box replacement plugin....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems