gratuitous inclusion of oracle in 7.0.2-RC2

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Feb 5 11:30:46 EST 2015

Ya once I heard about the splashStack method and all the problems it solves, it’s the only way I will build an app now.

Bob S

On Feb 4, 2015, at 22:25 , J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com<mailto:jacque at hyperactivesw.com>> wrote:

On 2/4/2015 11:54 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 5:00 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com<mailto:jacque at hyperactivesw.com>>
wrote:

I've never built an app that large, for something like that I usually use
the splash method so that I can have modules.

Oh, and you're not selling to lawyers :)

True, but I'm not sure that affects compile times...

I didn't actully mean I never had a project that large, only that I never had an app that large (and I wouldn't build one.) The project I've been on lately has hundreds of stacks and thousands of support files with gigabytes of data, they're just not all in the main app. It's easier that way. The app itself takes under 15 seconds to compile. The heavy-duty working part has maybe 3500 lines of backscript, four behavior scripts, three substacks, and maybe 100 small images. Everything else -- the actual content -- is distributed among separate module stacks that each contain the images, media, text, etc. that are relevant to that stack. But I don't have to compile those.

Using a single main app to run the whole shebang makes revisions very easy, we just upload new content stacks to the server and the main app pulls them down as needed.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com<mailto:jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com<http://www.hyperactivesw.com/>