what messages are fired when paint tools are used?

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 15:51:33 EST 2015

Hi all,

Am I right in thinking that many messages are not triggered when the tool
being used is one of the paint tools?  For instance, mouseEnter,
mouseLeave, and even mouseMove do not appear to work when LC is in this
state.

I've never really worked with the paint tools before, but they seem core to
the LC system (since they were there since v1 of the language).  I would be
surprised to discover that messages are not sent when the paint tools are
used.  For example, I don't see anywhere in the dictionary entry on
mouseMove where it says that this (most basic) message only fires when
browse and pointer tools are used.

Regards
Bernard