Convert transparent PNG on import?

Marty Knapp martyknappster at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 13:27:57 EST 2015

Is there a way to convert a transparent PNG graphic to non-transparent
when importing? There are 2 bugs on Windows (Mac is OK) when printing
transparent images (any image with transparency or any image given
transparency via blendLevel or inks. They are bugs 14089 and 14256 -
both confirmed. They happen when printing and when using the LC print to
PDF feature.

At this point I'm limiting my users to importing only Jpegs or BMPs but
that is pretty lame. I've also disabled the image fading control I have
on my Windows version. Certainly I can tell users to not use transparent
PNGs but you know someone will and if they do it may cause them a lot of
grief.

Alternately, is there a way to detect if an imported PNG has
transparency? If so, then I could disallow just those.

Thanks,
Marty K