firing mouseEnter msg of an Image control which was painted

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 10:08:10 EST 2015

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'm guessing I'll need to use some kind of
proxy control (as Scott suggested) to tell me when the mouse has entered an
image control which has been painted.

I need to be able to distinguish when the mouse enters this type of image
control rather than other types of image, and I was doing that by having a
custom property set on such image controls. The painted area may only be 5%
of the image, and I need to know when the control itself is under the mouse.

Here's another oddity: mouseMove is not fired until the mouse enters the
painted area of such an image control. Odder still, mouseLeave is fired
even when the painted area is far from the rect of the image control. So,
the firing of mouseEnter and mouseLeave are very different when an image
control is in this state.

Should this (unexpected?) behaviour of painted images be classed as a bug
or a feature?

Regards
Bernard