Scrolling Smoothly through Large Scripts

Peter M. Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 13:08:21 EST 2015

Try this (untested). Put the following into a frontscript. Watch for email-induced linebreaks.

on rawkeydown n
   if not (the name of the selectedfield contains "revNewScriptEditor") then pass rawkeydown
   if the optionkey is down then pass rawkeydown
   --  use optionkey to return to usual scrolling, for scanning through long scripts
   put the long id of the selectedfield into sFld
   put the textheight of sFld into txtHt
   put the scroll of sFld into oldScr
   switch n
      case "65308" -- up
         set the scroll of sFld to oldScr + txtHt
         break
      case "65309" -- down
         set the scroll of sFld to oldScr - txtHt
         break
      default
         pass rawkeydown
   end switch