shell() vs terminal re. ssh

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Dec 23 15:26:41 EST 2015

I have a script (copy.sh) on ServerA that uses rsync to copy files to
ServerB, and I want to call this from a LiveCode CGI.

In Terminal I can log in and execute ./copy.sh, and because I have
ServerA's ssh public key in ServerB's authorized_keys file it all works
swimmingly.

But when I call:

   get shell("/path/to/copy.sh")

...from my CGI, I get:

   Host key verification failed.

I'm assuming something about the way the shell function works is
preventing the ssh key from being found.

I've tried a few different wrapper techniques I've found for forcing
copy.sh to execute as a specific user, but to no avail.

Any bash experts here to let me know how to resolve this?

TIA -

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems