Livecode Server and script only stacks

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Dec 23 09:41:21 EST 2015

David Bovill wrote:

 > Does anyone know if script only stacks work with Livecode Server and
 > if so which version of the server I need to be running?

Script-only stacks work beautifully on servers with either LiveCode
Server and with Linux standalones - either can be used under CGI, and
both work well.

I believe support for script-only stacks was added in the early v6
series, so any of the recent releases will work well, 6.7.x, 7.1.x, or
even 8.0 if you're feeling adventurous.

Of course v6.x will be EOL'd soon, and with v8 in DP we might think of
v7 as the logical go-to, but v7 will also be EOL'd once v8 is released,
and v8 has some performance improvements significant enough to merit
consideration, esp. in server environments where performance is most
critical.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems