Take a look back through 2015

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Dec 19 14:12:58 EST 2015

Mark Wieder wrote:
 > I'm dismayed that more attention hasn't yet been paid to improving
 > the file operations, but the speed of string operations has benefited
 > greatly from recent optimization.

I've only recently cracked my copy of "Linux System Programming" so my
ignorance has yet to be abated; in my brief review of strace output from
file operations nothing stands out to me as an obvious bottleneck.

What opportunities do you see for streamlining file I/O?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems