LiveCode User Groups and Mail Lists

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Dec 17 10:17:03 EST 2015

Alejandro Tejada wrote:
 > Just for casuality, today I found this LiveCode group
 > in Google Groups:
 > https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/runrev
 >
 > Where could I find a complete and updated list of
 > all LiveCode User Groups and Mail lists?

Given the frequency with which online communities are created and
abandoned, I don't believe there is a single listing.

For example, back in the older days I participated in and even created a
few Yahoo groups for special interest groups related to LC, but over
time the relevance of those groups has diminished.

For example, the older MC IDE and RevInterop working groups on Yahoo are
largely migrated to the forums, and the revolution_ipc group there
hasn't had a relevant message since 2013, much like the group you
discovered above.

Among online communities the forum and this list are the main watering
holes, with a few language-specific forums elsewhere for Italian, Dutch,
Spanish, and possibly even Chinese (though I can't find the URL for the
latter at the moment).
<http://livecodeitalia.freeforums.org/generale-f2.html>
<http://nl.runrev.info/>
<http://livecodela.com/>

Additionally, in social media there are LiveCode groups on Facebook,
Google Plus, and the largest of them is on LinkedIn, where there are a
few regional subgroups as well.
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecodeusers/>
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109731058120269230218>
<https://www.linkedin.com/groups/50811>

There's also a large and growing number of blogs and other LC-related
sites, but I'm not sure how many of those may have their own forums.

As for live in-person meetups, I strongly encourage everyone to post
meeting notices in the "User Groups and Gatherings" section of the forums:
<http://forums.livecode.com/viewforum.php?f=30>

Anyone organizing an ongoing set of meetings is welcome to drop me a
note and I can create a sub-forum for your group there, as Heather did
for our SoCal LiveCode User Group.

In fact, I would encourage folks to post notices in that forum for
online communities as well, so folks can have one-stop shopping for the
various groups on the Web.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  LiveCode Community Manager