SQLite conundrum - Solved

James Hale james at thehales.id.au
Wed Dec 16 10:29:56 EST 2015


Luckily one cannot see your red face behind an email.

My app keeps master copies of the dbs I use and as a new book is added copies the master to the user's folder, renames it and proceeds to populate it.
It has been quite some time since I last read in a book as I have been editing the app using my initial book as my raw data.
I had recently made changes to this book and decided to read in the new version.
That is when my problem appeared.
After much testing of my routines I was ready to give up in despair when I noticed my master copy of the db was rather large. Some 13mb compared to the 18k it should have been.
Sure enough, although I had been copying and renaming my master copy, sometime in the last 10 months something changed in my code and I had populated the master copy instead of the renamed copy.
So when I looked to inspect the changes I had made in the book (yes, numbering paragraphs) I couldn't see them because I was looking in the wrong place. I was looking at the pre-existing data from the master copy, not the newly added stuff.

I still have the problem of populating the master, but at least that is no where near as serious as the problem I thought I had.

Something to engage with tomorrow.

James



More information about the Use-livecode mailing list