Animations on iOS

Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Mon Dec 14 21:58:55 EST 2015

I have a "deep and abiding" interest in this, since the days I tried
SMIL on the web. Aside: hmm I thought SMIL was alive again last year,
but it seems dead today...  Can't even find any current discussion on
"SKIA animation" which could be another direction...

Paul: Scott's method works well, storing frames in custom props...
that fellow's fist needs to start bleeding though after the 5th loop. (ha)

It would be interesting if we pushed this model with

a) a lot more content
b) robust SVG (= +color, gradients etc.) for the images

and see how low we can get the byte count/length ratio for longer
animations. Some combination of this + Malte's Animation engine could go
a long way.

Let us know how it goes on Mobile...

<mini-rant>
  LC is so far behind in this arena... At Scott's suggestion, I tried
the first video game I ever played in my life: Monument Valley... So
beautifully done, though in the end I got, as usual bored to tears and
had to force myself to finish level 10 just on principle and, as some
anti-gamers  say, despite the award-winning graphics/puzzles... "I came
out of the game dumber than I went in"

That said. These things made in Unity are awesome and the "holy grail"
would be able to play unity "shorts"  inside Livecode. Their WebGL
export (--> unity to enscriptenJS)  will not work on mobile

</end mini-rant>

BR