Invalid host address

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Dec 7 11:11:29 EST 2015

This interests me. We have clients (not livecode ones) whose print controllers begin to have the same issue. The print controller's network adapter start complaining that it cannot connect to the internet. Investigation has turned up that this is because DNS queries are failing. For some reason, MS DNS servers running in a domain environment start rejecting connections. XP workstations and Apple workstations do not have this problem. Only Vista and up. The distinction is that with Vista, Microsoft began using a soft bridge between the OS and the network adapter. That is why you see the 3 icons in your Network and Sharing Center. The bridge to the internet is apparently established by querying DNS and connecting to some kind of internet address. If it cannot query DNS or cannot connect to that address, you get limited connectivity.

I don't know if this is related, but I would not use XP as any kind of test in case it is related to this DNS issue. Check you network and sharing center and ensure you have a viable internet link. If not, then the problem is not with Livecode.

Bob S