ANN: PowerDebug 1.1.17

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Aug 31 14:43:38 EDT 2015

Kay C Lan <lan.kc.macmail at ...> writes:

> As the author of PowerDebug I was wondering if you had any insight into the
> different levels of syntax checking LC applies when setting the script of
> an object vs using the Scipt Editor. This is being discussed under the
> recently posted Subject: Goodbye stsMLXEditor
>
> Also any insight into deciiphering 'the result' when a 'set script of'
> contains errors?
>
> Sorry I don't know how to provide links to List posts but if you could post
> your thoughts to that thread, that would be appreciated.

In addition to what I've already posted, you mean?

The script editor itself doesn't really do much in the way of syntax checking.
It flags open strings as you're entering them, but that's about it.

The engine is what parses the script and returns an error object when it
first encounters a problem. That error object is returned as a multi-line
string in the result of the 'set the script' command. Doesn't matter where
the command was called from, the engine returns the same error.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com