LCB API's

Ali Lloyd ali.lloyd at livecode.com
Mon Aug 31 12:48:15 EDT 2015

Yes, if you look at the table for the entry for com.livecode.date, there
are three column headings:
NameSummarySyntax
LocalDate is the name of the entry in the dictionary.

"the local date" is the syntax.

The timezone thing you have found in the release notes is in the IDE
changes section, undewr the Property Inspector heading, and states
A timezone property editor has been added which contains a dropdown list of
timezones (com.livecode.pi.timezone)

The property inspector has editors for different property types. The
timezone editor was added as an editor for any property that might want be
displayed as representing a timezone in the IDE in the property inspector.
All such editors begin with the prefix com.livecode.pi. They are not LCB
modules.