A book for babies?

Earthednet-wp prothero at earthednet.org
Sat Aug 29 11:39:39 EDT 2015

Richmond,
Your concerns are very valid, with LC still in the midst of lots of changes. Here are some immediate rambling thoughts, perhaps obvious, but for what they're worth....

I like the workbook format. Very appropriate.

Ideally, it might be distributed as an ebook or app type book that can be easily updated. If the students need print (I would think they would), it's more difficult. But perhaps the book could be printed, workbook style, by the purchaser at a local print store (like Kinko's in the US). I don't know how this could be set up so you get income from it, though. Hmmm, I wonder if any of these "on demand" type print stores could do "one-offs" for individuals, from a server master. I haven't investigated this, but I think Kinko's does this in the US. Not sure if they can return royalties to the author. Sounds like an obvious service, tho so it might be worth investigating.

I think it is a great idea to get a few folks to test it with their kids, and give feedback. It is bound to improve the book.

Regarding being a tester, my contact with my 10yr old grandson varies depending on factors out of my control. If it looks like I would have regular contact, I'd love to try it out on him. No guarantee he would get into it, tho. My son is a 3'rd grade teacher and I might be able to interest him, but he is into (with his students) Lego Robotics, Scratch and Arduino (a bit).

Best,
Bill

William Prothero
http://es.earthednet.org