Documentation [was: Re: v8 DP3]

Peter W A Wood peterwawood at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 03:28:26 EDT 2015

> On 28 Aug 2015, at 15:15, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Well: as an almost complete newcomer to Github, I would be grateful if you could outline a way to edit
> the documents at https://github.com/runrev/livecode-ide/tree/develop/Documentation/guides <https://github.com/runrev/livecode-ide/tree/develop/Documentation/guides> and submit them after
> the editing . . . does this involve setting up my own github branch????

Yes. You will need a Github account and then fork the Github repository. You can then edit the documents on-line. Once you have finished editing the documents, you will need to create a Pull Request. The LiveCode team will then decide whether to accept or decline your changes.

One thing that is needed for your changes to be accepted is to for you to enter into a contributor’s agreement http://livecode.com/account/developer/contribute <http://livecode.com/account/developer/contribute>

You can make better use of Git by downloading the repository onto your own machine. I was able to do that quite easily by following this https://help.github.com/categories/bootcamp/ <https://help.github.com/categories/bootcamp/>

I have no doubt that you will breeze though the process.

Peter