Script Editor future (was Open Source Kickstarter Report Card)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Aug 27 16:03:36 EDT 2015

Peter Haworth wrote:
 > It would of course be better if this was all built into the IDE script
 > editor but this is a great substitute until that happens.

"Better" is nice, but "now" can be even nicer. :)

Plugins are not only easily shared, but also self-contained, so they
make a great way to explore ways to extend the IDE without mucking with
the IDE directly.

Over time perhaps truly great plugins can find their way into the IDE.
But for now we can explore all sorts of options, and with the confidence
that whatever we make will survive updates to the IDE.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  LiveCode Community Manager
  richard at livecode.org