Script Editor future (was Open Source Kickstarter Report Card)

RunRevPlanet feed at smpcsupport.com
Wed Aug 26 21:03:44 EDT 2015

Kay C Lan said:

 > let's dream and say LiveCode allowed
 > you to use Geany as it's Script
 > Editior. This would be a bad thing
 > because?

None of my comments are from the perspective that enabling LiveCode to use an
external editor is a bad thing.

More that for a cross platform IDE, written in it's supported language, to have
an inadequate text editor (in the context of not having an editor plugin feature
as standard) is a very bad look and turns programmers away.

The impression that I prefer the existing Script Editor to be improved, instead
of integrating another editor, is simply because I suspect fixing the current
editor will be *quicker* than integrating an external editor.

I have no hard facts on how long either process would take to do, it is only a
suspicion.
--
Scott McDonald
"Components, Controls, Tools and Resources for LiveCode"