Script Editor future (was Open Source Kickstarter Report Card)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Aug 24 15:30:37 EDT 2015

On 8/23/2015 11:46 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 8:44 AM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Just out of curiosity, does it get better if you turn off script
>> colonizing?
>>

> As others have already made the cheap (and funny) one, I'll pass.

Until the last pun, I wasn't reading the first syllable with a long "O"
sound. Now that I am, I think you just made another pun.

I have seen several scripts that were pulled from...there.

> But I didn't know that this could be done.

Prefs -> Script Editor. I am likely the only person who has always kept
coloRizing turned off. Coming from HyperCard, I was used to it and the
rainbow hues of a colorized script distracted me. I couldn't concentrate
on the content, I kept seeing the colors. I have slowly adjusted to it
enough that I can read other people's multi-hued scripts but I still
keep it off in my own work.

I have come to realize that people generally think that's nuts.

> Hilting a script was the first thing that ever convinced me

I'm glad I'm not the only one who skewers scripts. :)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com