Daisy Pulls it Off

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Aug 24 15:05:06 EDT 2015

Richmond wrote:

 > On 08/24/2015 07:09 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >> The "See Also" section helps somewhat, but for task-driven learning
 >> tutorials are a better choice.
 >>
 >> What did you want to learn?
 >>

 > "What did you want to learn?"
 >
 > Ha, Ha, Ha . . . the whole language forbye, what else would one want
 > to learn?
 >
 > I may be daft, but I'm not a shirker!

Good thing, since as with any language if you want to know every word
you'll need to read the entire dictionary.

Most of are less ambitious.  There are still things in there I've never
read.

For newcomers I usually suggest skimming the second and third chapters
of the User Guide to get oriented, then poke around the 78 tutorials
included in the install to find one that grabs their attention and play
around with that, modifying it to see what happens.  As they come across
language elements unknown to them, at that point the Dictionary can be
helpful, esp, the See Also section.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems